The University of Michigan-Dearborn,
09/09 – 08/13
Bachelor of Arts: Journalism
The Detroit News
High School Sports Stringer
- Answer phones and write up high school sports scores.
The News Herald/Dearborn Press and Guide
02/13 – Present
- Report on high school sports for the Dearborn Press & Guide and Downriver News-Herald.
- Both online and print sections are used, along with multimedia.
- Have covered high school football, basketball, baseball, softball, tennis, and soccer.
- Collected reports weekly from both the Wyandotte and Trenton-Grosse Ile Police departments for police reports.
The Michigan Journal, University of Michigan-Dearborn
06/12 – 04/13
- Designed the layout of the sports section for 24 issues using both Quark and InDesign.
- Edited and placed articles, pictures, and advertisements.
- Led a staff between three-nine writers during the year.
10/10 – 06/12
- Beat Reporter for the University of Michigan Football team for three consecutive years.
- Utilized online blogging, tweeting, and interacting with readers during games.
- Covered the Sugar Bowl in New Orleans in January of 2012 (Michigan vs. Virginia Tech)
- Also covered hockey, wrestling, softball, basketball, and lacrosse.
WUMD College Radio, University of Michigan-Dearborn
06/10 – 08/12
- Led broadcasts of hockey, basketball and volleyball on campus.
- Spearheaded broadcasts of semi-pro football in Dearborn using Skype and Garage band.
- Managed a group of 2-8 student broadcasters throughout my tenure.
03/12 – Present
- Seat guests, hand out giveaways and scan tickets.
- Coordinate the Kid’s Run the Bases Line every Sunday
- Manage a group between two-five people for the line.
Leadership. Management. Sports Reporting. Copy Editing. Page Design (Quark, Adobe InDesign.) Blogging. Social Media/Multimedia (Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, Tout). Microsoft Office. Photography.